World Rallying 125 Years - History: Genesis and Evolution
The history of rallying in Portugal and the world since its beginnings in the 19th century (1895) with an unprecedented chapter in any language with analysis and history on the influence of the development of mechanical and electronic technique on the evolution of cars.
Contains unprecedented graphs of the evolution of performances (times of the winners and the average of the top 10) in Classification Events in the exact same routes over the last 50 years, prefaces by the FIA Presidents, and the FIA - and ACP - Rally Commission, Carlos Sainz and Armindo Araújo, two-time PWRC World Champion and six-time national champion.
The genesis and evolution of rallies in the world and in the country of each co-edition.
-The definition of Rally, what it is and how it started in different countries. The Basic Principle.
-The beginnings; city to city tests. Restrictions and evolution in the main countries.
- Initial French hegemony. Monte Carlo, the first rally: attraction, mistakes. Tourist and competition rallies. Trends and - guidelines. The big marathons.
- The Timed Trials. Online rallies and the “rondes” revolution.
- The All-Terrain. The brands, official teams: their engineers and mechanics.
- The evolution of mechanics, FIA regulations, driving and navigation techniques, and performance (times) in PECs on equal stretches of road.
- Great interview with Carlos Barros, Head of Mechanics Peugeot and current FIA director.
World Rally Championships, in Europe, Middle East, South America (Brazil and Argentina, in more detail) and North, Portugal or Spain (in each co-edition).
- Conversations with pilots, navigators, organizers, engineers and mechanics.
- The vision of journalists and specialists, and their stories.
Unpublished highlights and trivia. Figures and their stories, facts and historical moments.
International and national statistics and results, in a large final chapter.
(PUB 10/2021, Author: Francisco Santos, Eng. Barros Rodrigues & Martin Holmes, Forewords by: Jean Todt, Carlos Barbosa, Carlos Sainz & Armindo Araujo, Language: English, 280 págs, 25X29 cms, hardcover, 350 photos, 50 ilustrations)